Thursday, February 24, 2011

Where is the Ferriswheel at this fair?

Career Fairs...In the last 8 months I've gone to these things like a bongo playing hippie following the Greatful Dead around looking for his next cuddle puddle and explosive light show. Unfortunately I always leave them like leaving a date with a girl who only let me get to second base. My head held low, frustrated, a stinky finger, and in dire need of a shower. I don't understand why they call them "fairs"...there's no rides, or cotton candy. No funnel cake, or overpriced games to when a nickle prize. Just people sitting at a table who you wait in a line forever to talk to. There breath usually stinks and they don't want to be there. It's not the rejection that bothers me. It's the waiting in line for them to talk to me for 10 mins and then tell me they aren't hiring. If your aren't hiring then why are you at a job fair? So they hand you a pen, bag, highlighter, or some other "prize" as a gift to you for wasting your time. It's almost like having sex with someone right before you breakup with them. Every now and then you get a break and someone sees something they like and tells you to email them, but then you do and never hear from them again. If the booth you walk up to is a government organization. Best hang that up.. You will get nowhere. All they will tell you is go online and fill out this application and let our software weed you out.. That's like getting dumped or fired via text message. All I have gotten in the last eight months is a lot of business card, and a bunch of junk in my house that I didn't need.. So say what you want, but until they can get a Ferris wheel, they will forever be a let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment